Friday, September 23, 2016

A Review: "Uninvited" by Lysa Terkeurst

Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and LonelyThe newest offering from Lysa Terkeurst, "Uninvited," looks at the issue of rejection and how it plays out in our daily lives.  Lysa shares openly and candidly about her experiences with rejection, both actual and preceived. So many people have internalized rejection from an early age and it still causes havoc years down the road. The roots of rejection can run deep and can hinder our relationship with our Creator. Rejection is a powerful tool used by Satan to hinder the good works that God wants to do in and through us.

I've been a fan of Lysa's work for a while, and this book was no exception. I deeply appreciated the Scriptures that she brings forth and the stories that she told from her own personal experience. I especially appreciated her encouragement to replace negative self-talk with truth and the reminder that we need to be grounded and rooted in the unchanging truth of who God is and who He says we are. This book is a true gift for all who ever struggle with believing that you are accepted and loved by God. I finished each chapter breathing out "I'm so glad I'm not alone!" I highly recommend this book!

(I’ve received this complimentary book through the BookLook program in exchange for a review. A positive review was not required and the views expressed in my review are strictly my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Review: "Good Man" by Nathan Clarkson

I have been a fan of Sally Clarkson's books and podcasts for a number of years now. Her ministry has helped encourage me in my own journ...