Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Favorite Parenting Books

With two small children at home, I've turned to books to gather different ideas about parenting and discipline issues. There is such a plethora of books available, I thought I would share a few of my personal favorites that have been beneficial to me in my parenting journey.

1.  "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Ted Tripp
2.  "Sacred Parenting:  How Raising Children Shapes Our Souls" by Gary Thomas
3.  "Treasuring God in Our Traditions" by Noel Piper
4.  The Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormie Omartian
5.  "Grace-Based Parenting:  Set Your Family Free" by Tim Kimmel
6.  "Loving the Little Years:  Motherhood in the Trenches" by Rachel Jankovic
7.  "Wild Things:  The Art of Nurturing Boys" by Stephen James and David Thomas
8.  "Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood" by Jim Fay and Charles Fay
9.  "Your Boy:  Raising a Godly Son in an Ungodly World" by Vicki Courtney
10.  "5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Son" by Vicki Courtney
11.  "The Five Love Languages of Children" by Gary Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Review: "Good Man" by Nathan Clarkson

I have been a fan of Sally Clarkson's books and podcasts for a number of years now. Her ministry has helped encourage me in my own journ...