Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A Review: "Nothing to Prove" by Jennie Allen

Nothing to Prove: Why We Can Stop Trying So HardJennie Allen's newest book, "Nothing to Prove", offers encouragement to the reader who struggles with trying so hard, with wondering if they are truly enough for their families, their churches, and their communities. The book is divided into two sections. The first one identifies the problem of our striving. The second section discusses the solution--trusting in what Jesus has already done for us. She covers topics such as fear, loneliness, risk, and shame. At the end of each chapter in the second section, there is an "Experience Guide" with questions for reflection and practical application.

While there wasn't a whole lot of new information for me in this book, I did appreciate the reminders of God's enoughness throughout the book. I really enjoyed her thoughts and reflections contained in the chapter about fear. This would be a great book to go through in a small group.

(I’ve received this complimentary book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for a review. A positive review was not required and the views expressed in my review are strictly my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Review: "Good Man" by Nathan Clarkson

I have been a fan of Sally Clarkson's books and podcasts for a number of years now. Her ministry has helped encourage me in my own journ...