Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Review: "The Berenstain Bears: God Shows the Way" by Stan and Jan Berenstain with Mike Berenstain

"The Berenstain Bears:  God Shows the Way" by Stan and Jan Berenstain with Mike Berenstain is a slim volume that contains three separate stories. "Faith Gets Us Through" focuses on how faith can help see us through any difficulty that may come our way, as evidenced by a Scout pack exploring a cave. "Do Not Fear, God is Near" helps readers understand that with God, we have no reason to be afraid, a lesson Sister Bear learned to help conquer her own fears. "Piggy Bank Blessings" instructs about the value of saving money, as well as generosity toward others.

My boys rather enjoy stories about the Berenstain Bears, and this volume is a great one--not only because it contains three books, but also because the faith lessons taught in each story are ones that I am eager for my boys to internalize. Having stories like this that help reinforce certain faith concepts are fabulous. They have already been requesting re-reads of the stories!

(I’ve received this complimentary book through the BookLook program in exchange for a review. A positive review was not required and the views expressed in my review are strictly my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Review: "Good Man" by Nathan Clarkson

I have been a fan of Sally Clarkson's books and podcasts for a number of years now. Her ministry has helped encourage me in my own journ...