Friday, November 2, 2012

A Review: "Taming the Wind" by Tracie Peterson

"Taming the Wind" by Tracie Peterson in the concluding book in the "Land of the Lone Star" trilogy. This book follows the story of Carissa Lowe, a young widow with a small daughter named Gloria. After her terrible, abusive first marriage, she is afraid to trust her heart with anyone. Relying heavily on her sister, Carissa seeks to be as independent as possible. Tyler Atherton was the man who saved Carissa's life when her husband attempted to end her life. A former Confederate soldier, he's lost his family's ranch due to his loyalties in the war. He attempts to get back his ranch with the help of his friend, Will Barnett.

The story was captivating and the characters were well developed. I loved how this story drew in characters from the other two books in the trilogy and neatly wrapped up the series. There was a bit of predictability in the story, but there was enough action to help offset that aspect.

Overall, the story was well done and I felt it was a great conclusion to this series. As a long-time fan of Peterson's work, I felt that a couple of her most recent series weren't quite up to par, but I really enjoyed this series and felt it was a bit more up to her usual standard.

(I’ve received this complimentary book from Bethany House Publishers through the Book Blogger program in exchange for a review. A positive review was not required and the views expressed in my review are strictly my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Review: "Good Man" by Nathan Clarkson

I have been a fan of Sally Clarkson's books and podcasts for a number of years now. Her ministry has helped encourage me in my own journ...